photo credit: my amazing husband took these!
I’ve always been a creative at heart. For as long as I can remember design, crafts, and photos have been my outlet. When I was a little girl, my friends and I would create a “studio” in my bedroom with a bed sheet hanging from the ceiling as our backdrop. I have a box filled with those memories of us being silly and snapping pictures with a disposable camera. I grew up with my eyes glued to Trading Spaces and pouring over all of the amazing work on Flickr. Design is in my blood. Years later, I’m getting to do what I have always loved for a living.
What I want more than anything is to be able to capture and document authentic moments of your life that tell your story. A posed picture here and there doesn’t hurt, but what really makes me stand back in awe is capturing a picture that shows true love and raw emotion between your family, or between you and your significant other. During your session, let your kids run around. Hug them and kiss them. These types of special moments create powerful images that will be cherished for generations to come!
Here are somethings you may not know about me:
- I graduated college in 2011 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Interior Design, along with an Associate of Science Degree in Architectural Engineering.
- I’m a self-taught photographer, but attend 2-3 professional workshops a year to keep fine-tuning my art.
- I’m married to a firefighter — he is also the most generous and loving person I’ve ever met.
- I have an obsession with learning new things. My mind is always exploring!
- I have been living in Fort Wayne, Indiana since 2006 and I absolutely love the charm of this city.
- Coffee everyday, alllllll day. 🙂
In my bag:
Sigma Art 35mm 1.4
Nikon 50mm 1.8
Tamron 70-200mm 2.8